Are You INTERESTED in A Unique Environment in the healthcare field?
Then the Central Sterile Processing Technology certificate program is right for you. Clinical Laboratory Sterile processing technicians work as part of an operations team in a health care organization. They play an essential role in patient safety as well as infection control. The specialized training you receive in this program includes working with advanced surgical technology such as flexible, rigid, and robotic endoscopic equipment and instrumentation.
- This college credit certificate program will prepare you for the role of the CSPT who participates in the decontamination, cleaning, assembly, packaging, scanning, sterilizing, storage and distribution of reusable surgical instrumentation, equipment and supplies throughout the facility.
- This program can be the first step in a career ladder that leads to an associate’s degree in science specializing in surgical services, then a bachelor’s degree in science You can complete both programs right here at GCSC while working full, part time or simply continuing your education. You can progress to a master’s degree at the college of your choice by following their plan requirements.
- Your national certification as a Central Sterile Processing Department Technologist (CSPDT) is recognized in all states.
If time is a factor, you can complete one of these college credit certificates first and then work on your associate degree while working full or part time.
- Become an expert in maintaining quality control conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate the quality or performance.
- Become an expert in the use and operation of autoclaves using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.