Staff Wireless Network Services
Purpose: The GCSC WIFI network will work with most personal wireless devices. This document demonstrates the use of Windows built-in wireless software. Your software on your computer may vary slightly in set-up. Your wireless device must support WPA encryption.
- Depending on your operating system and your software configuration, you may see a
message that informs you that you are within range of a wireless access point (see
Figure 1). Open your wireless access software to enter your wireless setup. On some
devices you will need to go to settings and then to Wi-Fi setup.
- Ensure that the wireless access point you are choosing is a GCSC wireless access point.
Locate and click the"gulfcoast" wireless network to connect. (Figure 2). If you cannot
see the network you may need to refresh network list".
- (Figure 3) When the Wireless Network Connection screen appears, enter the WPA2 Network
key gcscgcsc and click connect.
- Navigate to any web page using your web browser. The first time you do this, you will
get a message asking for your username and password. Enter your network username and
password and click the Log In button. When your log in is accepted you will be redirected
to the Wireless portal page. This page contains the GCSC acceptable use policy.
- Click ACCEPT for the Wireless Acceptable use policy to gain access to the internet.
Note: Never share your username or password with anyone or allow anyone to use your connection. You are responsible for anything done using your account.