Wireless Access for Events
Purpose: Events with attendees desiring wireless access while on campus for a short period of time and may not be students or staff of GCSC. The Events SSID has been set up for conference use to meet needs of conference and event attendees. The GCSC WIFI network will work with most personal wireless devices.
- The Events password is changed on a regular basis by ITS and can be requested through ITS technical support prior to any authorized college event.
- The event coordinator should request the events password prior to the event date.
- Event participants will need to know how to connect their mobile device to a wireless network.
- When you are in range of one of the wireless access points, depending on your operating
system and your software configuration, you may see a message that informs you that
you are within range of a wireless access point. Click on the globe in the bottom
- Ensure that the wireless access point you are choosing is a GCSC wireless access point. Locate and click the “EVENTS” wireless network to connect. If you cannot see the network you may need to refresh network list”.
- When the Wireless Network Connection screen appears, network key provided by the event
coordinator and click OK.
- At this point, you will be able to navigate to any web page using your web browser.
Note: Only conference attendees will be given the events password. Connection to the Events SSID provides access to internet only.