Gulf Coast State College Students Testing at GULF/FRANKLIN, or TYNDALL AIR FORCE BASE
Gulf Coast State College students' who reside inside of Bay, Gulf, of Franklin County must test at a Gulf Coast State College testing facility. If you are a Gulf Coast State College Student who is testing at one of Gulf Coast State College's satellite campuses (Gulf/ Franklin Center, or Tyndall Air Force Base Education Center) you must complete the Off-Campus Proctor Request form at least 1 week before your exam date to let us know you will be testing at the satellite campus.
Note: If you will be testing at the satellite campus throughout the semester, you need to contact the Gulf Coast State College Testing Center only once at the beginning of each semester to request that all of your exams be sent to the satellite campus . However, you will need to contact the satellite campus before each exam to set up an exam appointment.
Contact information for the Gulf Coast State College Testing Center and the Gulf Coast State College Satellite campuses is provided below. Please be advised that email is the preferred method of communication for the Testing Center.
GULF COAST STATE COLLEGE STUDENTS TESTING OUTSIDE BAY COUNTY AT A NON-GULF COAST STATE COLLEGE LOCATION
If you are a Gulf Coast State College student who is testing outside of Bay County at a non-Gulf Coast State College location, you must arrange for off-campus proctoring well in advance of your testing date. You must first locate an acceptable off-campus proctor.
Who is an acceptable off-campus proctor?
An acceptable off-campus proctor is a responsible individual who
- is not a relative, spouse/partner, friend, neighbor, coach, co-worker/business associate, direct supervisor or resident in your household
- has a work email address that ends in .gov, .mil, .org or .edu
- has access to a computer at the exam location (if your exams are online).
Examples of acceptable proctors include:
- a faculty member or an educational administrator at a regionally accredited college or university
- a state-certified elementary or high school superintendent, principal, teacher, counselor, or school librarian
- an active member of the clergy
- for students in the military: any commissioned or non-commissioned officer of higher rank than the student; an education services officer or testing personnel at a military education center; a base clergy member; or a base librarian
- professional testing centers ( Note: The following resource may be useful in helping you locate a professional testing center: NCTA ).
Exams must be proctored at the proctor's work location and cannot be proctored at a private residence or business.
What do I do after I locate an acceptable proctor?
Once you have found an acceptable off-campus proctor, fill out and submit the off campus proctor request form. We then we will send the second part of the form to your selected proctor and we will notify you via email when the proctor is approved or if there are any issues with the proctor you've selected.
Do I need to submit an off campus proctor request form each time I take an exam off-campus?
You need to submit the off-campus proctor request form only once during each semester unless you must change your off-campus proctor. Note: You will need to submit a new off-campus proctor request form each semester even if your off-campus proctor does not change from semester to semester.
Is there an off-campus proctoring fee?
Non-Gulf Coast State College proctors may charge a proctoring fee, which is not reimbursed by Gulf Coast State College or the Testing Center. Please contact your selected off-campus proctor for information about possible fees.
Angi Patterson firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-769-1551 ext. 3336
Rachel Inmantestingcenter@gulfcoast.edu or 850-769-1551 ext. 3336
Gretta Preston email@example.com 850 769-1551 ext. 2910