Please continue to monitor all college communication channels for the most up-to-date information and specifics regarding this evolving situation. The FAQ document below also contains answers to many general questions regarding current college operations and will be updated as needed during this time.
all GCSC campuses are open
Fall courses will be offered in a variety of modalities: face-to-face, online, or hybrid.
The College is committed to the safety of all students, faculty and staff and continues to follow guidelines provided by the CDC and health officials. If social distancing guidelines cannot be met, students and employees will be required to wear face coverings while inside the classrooms and when in close proximity to other colleagues, students and visitors. Students are encouraged to bring their own reusable face coverings. Reusable masks will be available for purchase in the GCSC Bookstore. Additionally, safety protocols are in place if an employee or student is exposed to or contracts COVID-19.
The College has also taken additional precautionary safety measures including: installing Plexiglas shields in high traffic areas; distributing reusable masks to full-time employees; fogging classrooms, labs and public spaces with disinfectant; equipping classrooms with disinfectant wipes; and nightly facilities crews for extra cleaning.
help protect yourself & others from covid-19
face masks are required until further notice
- Practice social distancing when possible
- Wear a cloth mask or disposable face covering
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Stay home when you are sick
- Get tested if you have been exposed to anyone with the disease
If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
- Please do not enter classroom, or any other college facility
- Get tested for the ACTIVE virus (not the antibody)
- If tested positive, please inform instructor to make arrangements for course requirements and Damian South, Campus Safety & Security, at 873-3582. You will receive additional instructions at that time. Confidentiality will be maintained.
frequently asked questions
This FAQ document is the most current information regarding GCSC’s response to COVID-19. It is a fluid document that will be updated as needed with any new information, guidelines or regulations that may be implemented.
Messages from the President
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 7/17/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 6/30/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 6/5/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 5/29/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 5/15/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 5/8/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 4/24/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 4/17/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 4/10/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 4/3/2020
A Message from Dr. Holdnak, President 3/27/2020
A Message from GCSC Faculty 3/26/2020
the health & wellbeing of the community is a top priority at gcsc
Gulf Coast State College is committed to the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and it is our highest priority. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) are constantly monitoring conditions world-wide, and updating their guidelines and procedures – and we are closely monitoring the public health issues related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Florida Department of Health has stressed that “the overall immediate threat to the public remains low,” and that everyday good hygiene routines are the best way to avoid exposure to the virus.
According to the CDC, WHO and FDOH, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus and to practice everyday good hygiene routines. These include:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Cover your cough or sneeze into a tissue or use your sleeve
- Use hand sanitizer when you don’t have access to soap and running water
- Stay home when you are sick!
- Other CDC recommendations regarding COVID-19.
Please refer to the CDC Guidelines regarding travel precautions and recommendations.
HELPFUL INFORMATION CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT THE FOLLOWING WEBSITES:
- FDOH: http://www.floridahealth.gov/
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/
- FDOE: http://fldoe.org/em-response/
- Please see this helpful flier from the CDC related to handwashing and hand sanitizer.
- Please see this helpful flier from the CDC related to stopping the spread of germs.
- For the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 please visit the CDC website.