Please continue to monitor all college communication channels for the most up-to-date information and specifics regarding this evolving situation. The FAQ document below also contains answers to many general questions regarding current college operations and will be updated as needed during this time.
frequently asked questions
This FAQ document is the most current information regarding GCSC’s response to COVID-19. It is a fluid document that will be updated as needed with any new information, guidelines or regulations that may be implemented.
Messages from the President
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 5/29/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 5/15/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 5/8/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 4/24/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 4/17/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 4/10/2020
A message from Dr. Holdnak, President 4/3/2020
A Message from Dr. Holdnak, President 3/27/2020
A Message from GCSC Faculty 3/26/2020
the health & wellbeing of the community is a top priority at gcsc
Gulf Coast State College is committed to the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and it is our highest priority. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) are constantly monitoring conditions world-wide, and updating their guidelines and procedures – and we are closely monitoring the public health issues related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Florida Department of Health has stressed that “the overall immediate threat to the public remains low,” and that everyday good hygiene routines are the best way to avoid exposure to the virus.
According to the CDC, WHO and FDOH, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus and to practice everyday good hygiene routines. These include:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Cover your cough or sneeze into a tissue or use your sleeve
- Use hand sanitizer when you don’t have access to soap and running water
- Stay home when you are sick!
- Other CDC recommendations regarding COVID-19.
Please refer to the CDC Guidelines regarding travel precautions and recommendations.
HELPFUL INFORMATION CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT THE FOLLOWING WEBSITES:
- FDOH: http://www.floridahealth.gov/
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/
- FDOE: http://fldoe.org/em-response/
- Please see this helpful flier from the CDC related to handwashing and hand sanitizer.
- Please see this helpful flier from the CDC related to stopping the spread of germs.
- For the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 please visit the CDC website.