Nursing programs available at Panama City Campus
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-to-BSN option only)
- Associate of Science Degree - Nursing ADN/RN
- LPN to ADN Articulation
- Advanced Placement into the Associate Degree Nursing Program
Nursing programs available at Gulf Franklin Campus
- LPN to ADN Articulation (weekend option)
- Certified Nursing Assistant Program ~ not currently being offered at GCSC
The nursing programs are Limited Access Programs. A selective admissions process with specific selection criteria is utilized in order to select the most qualified applicants. The strength of the applicant pool varies from year to year, with the best qualified applicants receiving first consideration.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to inquire about these specific admission and selection criteria and to ensure that all required documents are received on campus prior to the deadlines posted in the application packets. Admission to the nursing programs is not guaranteed. Please review the application process and speak to our nursing advisors with any questions you may have regarding selection.
how SUCCESSFUL ARE gulf coast nursing graduates?
- Over 80% of Gulf Coast State College nursing students complete the program and graduate.
- Gulf Coast State College NCLEX pass rates for first time test takers continues to be above the state average and within 10% of the national average.
- Over 95% of Gulf Coast nursing graduates are employed as Registered Nurses within 6 months of passing the NCLEX.
PUBLIC NOTICE OF UPCOMING ACCREDITATION REVIEW VISIT BY THE ACEN
Gulf Coast State College wishes to announce that it will host a site visit for continuing accreditation of its Associate Degree Nursing Program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
You are invited to meet with the site visit team and share your comments about the program in person at a meeting scheduled at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, October 9th in Room 201 in the Health Sciences Building located at 5230 West U.S. Highway 98, Panama City, Florida 32401.
Written comments are also welcome and should be submitted directly to:
Dr. Marsal Stoll, Chief Executive Officer, Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road Northeast, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, or email email@example.com.
All written comments should be received by the ACEN no later than September 24, 2019.