Start your journey to a new career with one of the top performing programs listed on the National Program Assessment Exam.
Be successful .... train with the best!
Programs lead to either an Associate Degree in Surgical Services (AS1-HS) or an Associate Degree in Surgical First Assisting (SFA-AS). Once completed, the student can continue their education by obtaining a Bachelor Degree in Applied Science (BAS).
These are limited access, selective admissions programs. Please select the application packet that meets your needs for more information on the program and the application process.
- Traditional Surgical Technology (CST)- The program consists of concentrated courses in Surgical Technology for a 15 months. Classes begin in August each year with advancement into the spring semester based on satisfactory completion of all the course and program entry requirements.
- Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA) - This traditional dual enrollment program for students with no experience prepares you for a position and to sit for both the CST and CSFA national certification examinations.
- CST to CSFA (Certified Surgical First Assistant)- CST students join the class in the 2nd year with advanced placement and external credit to complete the core requirements to sit for the CSFA national certification examination.
- CST or CST/CSFA (Certificate Program) to AS Degree - This packet outlines the requirements for the certified surgical student who desires an Associates degree in either Surgical Services or Surgical First Assisting.
- RN Training Programs - Want to work in the O.R., but you have no experience?
Take the initiative to train. O.R. Managers are looking for self-starters. For current information, please call Libby McNaron at (850) 873-3551, or email email@example.com .
- Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) Advanced Technical Certificate (ATC) - three
classes (Includes either being CNOR eligible with submission prior to graduation
of a CNOR Certificate or the Course NSP2290 for the non experienced APRN)
NSP2090 RNFA Theory - 3 credits, online web-based, open-entry, open-exit course allows a student to work at their own pace and time. Apply for the class anytime January through August each year.
NSP2090L RNFA LAB and Clinical - 3 credits, 4-5 days of hands-on training on site at the Panama City campus followed by clinical experiences at local healthcare facilities, with a surgeon sponsor. Web-based, online component allows a student to prepare for surgical procedures with confidence.
- Perioperative Training for Registered Nurses (CNOR) program - two classes
NSP 2290 Perioperative Nursing Theory Course or CNOR certification - offered as a web-based program. The student works at their own pace and gains the knowledge needed. Apply to the program and register in March and April with classes starting in May. Training for Intraoperative Nursing requires technical knowledge of procedures, equipment, instruments, and supplies plus the assessment and planning skills to promote optimum patient care outcomes.
NSP 2290L Perioperative Nursing Internship Course – This course is offered either as a Corequisite, or after taking the NSP2290 Theory Course.
- For Scrub Experience, the RN can take STS2943C Surgical Scrub 80 Hours.
- Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) Advanced Technical Certificate (ATC) - three classes (Includes either being CNOR eligible with submission prior to graduation of a CNOR Certificate or the Course NSP2290 for the non experienced APRN)
- Financial Aid Information - Follow instructions on how to apply for Financial Aid.