LAW ENFORCEMENT/CORRECTIONAL OFFICER PROFICIENCY COURSE
This course is designed for law enforcement or correctional officers in another state, a federal agency or the military, or a former Florida officer with a four year or more break in service, but less than eight years.
To obtain certification as an officer in Florida without first attending a full basic recruit academy in Florida, you must:
- Successfully complete an EOT Evaluation, and
- Successfully demonstrate proficiency in the high-liability skills of defensive tactics, firearms, first aid, and vehicle operations (LE only),
- Take and pass the State Officer Certification Exam.
During the class you may wear jeans or other casual attire. No shirts with offensive slogans or advertising. In addition, it is recommended that you bring you bring the following items:
- Athletic clothing for defensive tactics
- A cap for firearms training
- Wet weather gear, since classes will be held rain or shine
- You will need to bring a copy of your CJSTC form 76
- Fluids to drink during hot weather
- Any snacks that you require
You may bring your firearm and duty gear, as long as they are in good working order. The equipment will be inspected and approved by a firearms instructor before it can be used during the class.
Class location: Gulf Coast State College, Division of Public Safety, Abbott Building 637 County Road 2300, Southport, Florida 32409
The first day of class starts at 8:00 am.
|Law Enforcement Officers||Correctional Officer|
|Mon.- Thurs., Feb.. 11 - 14, 8:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.
CRN: 91169 | Course Number: XPS-0034 | $450.00
|Tues. - Thurs., Feb. 12 - 14, 8:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.
CRN: 91171 | Course Number: XPS-0061 | $350.00
|Tues.-Fri., Mar. 12 - 15, 8:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.
CRN: 91231 | Course Number: XPS-0034 | $450.00
|Wed. -Fri., Mar. 13 - 15, 8:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.
CRN: 91232 | Course Number: XPS-0061 | $350.00
For more information, contact the Corporate College registration desk