Student Support Services
TRiO Student Support Services has been a viable program at Gulf Coast State College since 1985. In that time we have worked with more than 5,000 students. The majority of our students have gone on to receive bachelor's degrees. Other Student Support Services graduates have obtained certifications in a variety of professions and are employed and active in the local community. Some are continuing their education while working at full-time jobs.
As a member, TRiO Student Support Services offers you:
- Personal and academic counseling, financial aid and career workshops
- Academic tutoring
- English tutor with ESOL training
- Math tutor
- Peer tutors focusing on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education
- TRiO Ambassadors/Mentors
- Cultural experiences and events
- Success and goal setting workshops
- Computer labs and a community room
- Transition component to familiarize students with options after graduation
To apply for Student Support Services, stop by Student Union West, Room 89 or call (850) 769-1551, ext. 2902.