archive: GCSC Foundation Recognizes High School Honors Scholarship Recipients
The Gulf Coast State College Foundation is pleased to announce the 2017-2018 High School Honors Scholarship recipients. The Foundation awards these scholarships to local high school seniors with the expressed hope that they will commit and choose to attend Gulf Coast for their first years in college. These 15 students will be honored in front of administrators, faculty and staff of Gulf Coast State College during the GCSC Honors Convocation Ceremony on Friday, April 28, 2017 where they will receive blue, gold and white honors cords. In addition, the Foundation is hosting an awards reception and presentation for the students and their families following the ceremony.
Recipients, chosen by a scholarship scoring committee comprised of faculty and staff, are seniors with a weighted GPA of 3.5 or higher who will be graduating from area public and charter schools this June. The scholarships are used to offset the cost of tuition.
The following students will be recognized:
- Macy Davis, Arnold High School
- Mackenzie Ott, Arnold High School
- Mariah Deaton, Bay High School
- Amber Loving, Bay High School
- Charles Petty, Franklin County High School
- Astrid Ramirez, Franklin County High School
- Gracie Bennett, Mosley High School
- Hannah Griswold, Mosley High School
- Tommy Hamm, III, Mosley High School
- Curtis Turner, Mosley High School
- Victoria Vargas, Mosley High School
- Emily Waddell, North Bay Haven Charter School
- Brittany Cherry, Rutherford High School
- Alyssa Orr, Rutherford High School
- Jacob Gibbs, Wewahitchka High School
For more information, please contact Dunkin McLane at 872.3810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE GCSC FOUNDATION
The Gulf Coast State College Foundation, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing scholarship opportunities and program support for students enrolled at Gulf Coast State College. The Foundation is committed to the belief that every deserving student merits a chance to continue his or her education regardless of cost.
The Foundation, with the support of individuals, businesses, other foundations and grants, has created and endowed hundreds of scholarships. For 50 years, the Foundation has served Gulf Coast State College by donating more than $13 million for scholarship and program support.