GCSC to Host Veterans Appreciation Week
The purpose of Veteran’s Day is to show support to those who have served and as a way to say thank you, Gulf Coast State College is hosting a Veterans Appreciation Week. As a military-friendly college, we are also celebrating all of the men and women who are currently serving in the military, too.
Departments throughout the college will be hosting events during the week to show their support to our veterans.
- Cake cutting ceremony in the McSpadden Student Union East on Wednesday, November 9 at 12:30 p.m.
- Lunch will be provided by the GCSC Foundation for military and veteran students on Thursday, November 10 at 11:30 a.m. in the Military Veteran Resource Center.
- GCSC’s Tyndall Campus will provide Tropical Smoothie, popcorn and other goodies on Wednesday, November 9.
- Free admission to GCSC’s women’s basketball game (with a valid ID) with a special veteran’s recognition on Friday, November 11 at 5:00 p.m.
- Free admission to the opening night of the production “Tartuffe” (with a valid ID) on Friday, November 11 at 7:30 p.m.
- The Writing & Reading Lab will be hosting the fifth annual Write A Letter! Campaign. They will be in the McSpadden Student Union East on Wednesday, November 9, from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. providing stationary and envelopes. The effort supports Operation Gratitude in its quest to generate correspondence for with our men and women serving in the military.
- GCSC’s Welcome Center will be serving coffee all week.
- The College will be participating in the Bay County Veterans Day Parade.
For additional information or questions, please contact David Jantzen at 747.3210 or email@example.com.