archive: GCSC presents award-winning musical "cabaret"
The Visual & Performing Arts Division of Gulf Coast State College is proud to present Kander and Ebb’s “Cabaret.”
The award-winning musical is set in 1931 Berlin as the Nazis are rising to power. The story revolves around an American writer and his relationship with an English cabaret performer at a seedy nightclub. The production features a cast of current GCSC students and alumni, community actors and local high school students. The play contains mature content and is recommended for high school age students and above.
A panel discussion and Q&A session will be held following the April 2 matinee performance and will include local literature and history experts and members of the production team.
- All performances will be held in the Amelia Center Theatre on the Panama City Campus.
- Friday and Saturday evening performances will be held March 31, April 1, 7 and 8 , 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday matinee performances will be held on April 2 and 9, 2017 at 2:30 p.m.
- General admission tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for high school students. Advanced tickets can be purchased online at www.gulfcoast.edu/arts.
- GCSC and FSU PC students, faculty and staff are admitted free with a valid ID.
For more information, please contact Jason Hedden at (850) 872.3886 or email@example.com.