Position Vacancy Announcement
Gulf Coast State College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer
|Position Title:||Executive Director, Procurement and Auxiliary Services|
|Dean, Business Affairs|
|The primary function of this position is to perform all duties related to the purchasing functions of the college including ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws; providing assistance to the Dean, Business Affairs and the Comptroller in accounting, purchasing, and reporting; and to provide oversight and direction of auxiliary services, primarily the bookstore and food services.|
• Administers purchasing policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
• Manages college contracts and bid files for renewal terms, dates, and notification requirements. Negotiates and implements all term service contracts.
• Manages the purchasing module of the accounting system and maintains master vendor information.
• Prepares bid documents, solicitations, and advertisements.
• Negotiates and establishes pricing/price contracts with vendors.
• Maintains equipment and property leases for college.
• Acts as agent for the college making legal commitments on behalf of the institution.
• Handles vendor protests and grievances.
• Researches products, equipment, and services to ensure practicality, cost effectiveness, and supply availability.
• Reports annually on Minority/Woman Owned Business Enterprises (mWBE) expenditures to the State of Florida.
• Reviews requisitions for accuracy.
• Approves and signs purchase orders.
• Maintains departmental records.
• Coordinates training related to procurement for college staff.
• Maintains the college website related to procurement.
• Assists receiving in maintaining proper inventory control.
• Provides leadership, management, and supervision to the Procurement and Auxiliary Services Departments, including but not limited to, food
service and the bookstore.
• Manages and continually updates Procurement Manual and Travel Manual.
• Assists Construction Project Management through Direct Material Purchase process.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Supervises Senior Purchasing Assistant/Buyer, Senior Bookkeeper/Travel, and Auxiliary Services staff.
Master's degree in Business Administration, or related degree, from a regionally accredited university or college and five years related experience in purchasing field. This position must have proven experience in the area of procurement including extensive knowledge of all applicable federal, state and local laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to work flexible hours and regular attendance at work are essential functions of this position. The ability to travel locally and out of area on college related business and training may be required.
*Degrees must be from a Regionally Accredited Institution to qualify for position.
**This position is a security sensitive position and will require a criminal background check.
Deadline to Apply:
|Open Until Filled|
| **Applicants must complete an official company employment application to be considered
Applicants may submit applications in any of the following ways:
Via email at:
Via fax at: (850) 913-3292
Via mail at: Gulf Coast State College/Human Resources
5230 West U.S. Highway 98 Panama City, FL 32401
Gulf Coast State College does not discriminate against any person in its programs, activities, policies or procedures on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, marital status, religion, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. All questions or inquiries regarding compliance with laws relating to non-discrimination and all complaints regarding sexual misconduct or discrimination, may be directed to Lisa Reed, Executive Director of Human Resources/Title II/504/Title IX Coordinator and Employment Equity Officer, Gulf Coast State College, 5230 W. US Highway 98, Panama City, FL 32401; 850-872-3866.