How to do Business with GCSC
|Consumer Certificate Exemption||PO Terms and Conditions|
Gulf Coast State College welcomes vendors interested in doing business with the College. The Procurement Office has the responsibility to make the most economical acquisition of quality materials and services that will assure efficient operation of the college. We desire to maintain an open, competitive, and friendly atmosphere to foster a mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers.
The College's Procurement Office follows all mandates in accordance with the rules, regulations, and administrative procedures established by the College and the state. The office adheres to the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP) and the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (UPPCC). To that end, we request that all vendors honor established rules and regulations in order to conduct business with the College.
All vendors must perform in accordance with the purchase order or contract notes and specifications, or they will be liable to the college for any damages caused by this breach. Once a purchase order and/or contract has been issued, no changes may be made in the terms and conditions of the original proposal submitted and accepted on commodities, goods or services. No merchandise may be shipped nor any service performed without a purchase order or Procurement credit card number. No CODs will be accepted.
The College reserves the right, and the College’s Director of Procurement, has sole discretion to cancel a solicitation at any time prior to approval of the award by the District Board of Trustees of Gulf Coast State College when such approval is required. The decision to cancel a solicitation cannot be the basis for a protest pursuant to the College code or Florida law.
- reject any or all proposals received;
- withdraw this RFP;
- select and award any portion of any or all proposal items;
- waive minor informalities and irregularities in the proposer’s submittal.
A bid may be rejected if it is non-responsive or does not conform to the requirements and instructions in a ITB, RFP and/or ITN. A bid/proposal may be non-responsive by reasons including, but not limited to, failure to utilize or complete prescribed forms, conditional bids/proposals, incomplete bids/proposals, indefinite or ambiguous bids/proposals, failure to meet deadlines and improper and/or undated signatures. Other conditions which may cause rejection of bids/proposals include evidence of collusion among bidders/proposers, obvious lack of experience or expertise to perform the required work, submission of more than one bid/proposal for the same work from an individual, firm or corporation under the same or a different name, failure to perform or meet financial obligations on previous contracts. Proposals/bids will be rejected if not delivered on or before the date and time specified as the due date for submission.
The College will not make an award to a person or firm that is currently debarred. These rights and restrictions apply to all purchases regardless of dollar value.
SALES CALLS: The Procurement staff is interested in vendor representatives making sales calls. Sales calls on individual departments are allowed; however, appointments should be made. Departments are not allowed to purchase materials at the time a sales call is made. When making sales calls to the Procurement Office, an appointment is recommended.
Shipping & Receiving is located in the Facilities Management Building, Gulf Coast State College, 5230 West U.S. Highway 98, Panama City, Florida 32401-1058. It is recommended that deliveries be made between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. If you have questions regarding deliveries, call:
Telephone: 850.769.1551, Ext. 5871
After items have been delivered or services have been performed, invoices shall be sent to:
Gulf Coast State College
5230 West U.S. Highway 98
Panama City, Florida 32401-1058
For Prompt Payment
- Include the purchase order number on all invoices
- Include an original invoice
- Provide clear description of goods or services--mirror the purchase order description
- Include Federal Employer Identification Number (or Social Security Number)
- Do not include Florida sales tax. GCSC's Tax Exemption Number is #85-8012739691C-5.
If you have questions regarding invoices, call:
Senior Bookkeeper, Accounts Payable
850.769.1551 Ext. 3557
Gulf Coast State College does not certify W/MBEs. We ask that you complete the vendor application form indicating W/MBE status.
The College encourages utilization of minority and women-owned firms in the procurement of goods, services and construction-related activities.
Gulf Coast State College does not discriminate against any person in its programs, activities, policies or procedures on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, marital status, religion, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. All questions or inquiries regarding compliance with laws relating to non-discrimination and all complaints regarding sexual misconduct or discrimination, may be directed to Mary Nicholson, Executive Director of Human Resources/Title II/504/Title IX Coordinator and Employment Equity Officer, Gulf Coast State College, 5230 W. US Highway 98, Panama City, FL 32401; 850-872-3866; www.gulfcoast.edu/equity.
The College endeavors to obtain maximum value for all expenditures and takes the steps necessary to ensure it provides the best value for materials and services, which are best adapted to the needs of the College.
Quotations may be written, verbal or by fax. This method of obtaining pricing is usually limited to purchases under category three , F.S. Chapter 287.017(1)(b). Written documentation includes emails with pricing, webpage print outs and/or formal quotes/estimates. The intent is to confirm pricing on noncompetitive items. Vendors are encouraged to ensure that pricing, specifications and terms and conditions are clear. Typically, the College asks that these prices be firm for a minimum of 45 days. Three price quotes/estimates are encouraged on larger purchases to ensure the College is receiving the best value.
Bid/Proposal Openings: Bids/Proposals are opened publicly at the time and place designated in the solicitation document. The amount of the bid/proposal and the name of the bidders/proposers are recorded.
Bid tabulations with award recommendation are posted on the bulletin board in the Procurement Department and on the Procurement website for a period of 72 hours. Failure to file a protest within the time prescribed in Section 120.57, Florida Statutes, shall constitute a waiver of proceedings under Chapter 120, Florida Statutes.
The purchase order or contract of award shall be sent with reasonable promptness, in writing, to the lowest responsible and responsive bidder/proposer whose bid/proposal meets the requirements and criteria set forth in the solicitation. Solicited Awards will be made after GCSC District Board of Trustees approval.
Equipment and Supplies
All supplies and equipment offered and furnished must be new and of current production unless the request for quote/bid specifically permits offer of used items. Remanufactured, refurbished or reconstructed items are not considered new.
Major Construction Projects:
The College's Vice President of Administrative and Finance and the Director of Procurement works with architectural and/or engineering firms or others designated in the processing and awarding of bids/proposals for major construction projects. All construction bids/proposals estimated over $200,000 require performance and payment bonds in the amount of 100 percent of the awarded contract. At the option of the College, construction projects estimated under $200,000 may also be required to provide performance and payment bonds.
TIPS: The following information is provided to assist vendors in doing business with the College.
- No COD or freight college orders will be accepted.
- All shipments are FOB destination unless otherwise specified.
- Shipments must be properly packaged and marked with the purchase order number.
- Visibly damaged shipments will be rejected.
- Deliveries will be inspected at the delivery point unless otherwise specified.
- Rejected shipments will be returned to the vendor at the vendor's risk and expense.
- Follow the billing instructions on the face of the purchase order to ensure prompt payment.
- The College tax exempt number is on the face of the purchase order.
Tips for Bidding with the College
- Respond to all bids/proposals, even if it is a "NO BID".
- Submit all required documents requested; catalogs, price sheets, drawings, forms, etc.
- When bidding alternates, bid only those alternates equal or better than the item(s) specified in the bid and be sure to include information/specifications on the alternate item.
- Sign all bid/proposal documents.
- Submit all bids/proposals on time. Allow sufficient time for the package to arrive to Procurement Office.
- Fill all orders received on a timely basis and as specified.
- Check for bids/proposal information regularly on the Procurement webpages.
- Don't bid on contracts that your company cannot complete or for which you cannot obtain the necessary bid/proposal.
- Don't qualify a bid/proposal against the terms and conditions of the bid/proposal. Example: If a bid/proposal specifies a one-year term, don't suggested a six month term.
- Don't supply misleading delivery information.
- Don't ask to change prices after bids/proposals have been opened.
- Don't collude on any bids/proposal with other vendors.