Are there any special admission requirements for the University Transfer Track in
Early Childhood Education?
- Before entering the classroom for observations, you would be required by the State
of Florida to have a Level 2 background clearance issued by the Florida Department
of Law Enforcement.
- Once written verification of a completed and approved background clearance is submitted
to Gulf Coast State College, you may complete on-site requirements.
- You must attend and comply with requirements of school systems where observations
are conducted. GCSC has articulation agreements with Gulf, Franklin, and Bay School
Districts for classroom observations.
- You must pay all costs associated with the background clearance.
- For more information concerning required classes go to the Course Requirements webpage and click on "requirements".
If you have any questions, contact your advisor below.
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply, you’ll need to complete the Apply now Visit the Gulf Coast admissions page to learn more about the application process.
Consult the Gulf Coast State College Catalog for specific program and course information.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR MY CLASSES?
Check out the class registration dates and plan your schedule today.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS?
There are many options available to help you pay for college. Find out more about
scholarships and financial aid at Gulf Coast State College.
2021-2022 Catalog Requirements
SPC1608, Introduction to Public Speaking, 3 crs.
• SYG2000, Principles of Sociology, 3 crs.
EEC1701, Child Development, 4 crs.
+EEC2240, Social Studies and Creative Expression for Young Children, 3 crs.
• General Education Core. Students must complete at least one identified core course
in each area of study—Communications, Humanities, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and
Social Sciences—as part of the general education course requirements.
+ Prerequisites and/or corequisites required. See course descriptions.
* Minimum grade of "C" required.