Do you want to work side by side with a surgeon performing life changing procedures?
This program will prepare you for the roles of Surgical Technologist (who prepares, opens and establishes the sterile field passing instruments and anticipating the surgeon’s needs) and Surgical First Assistant (who assists the surgeon with performing the surgical procedure and independently closes wounds).
- Would you like to work in a unique environment?
- It is a challenging fast paced environment that can change human lives. An emergency can occur anytime and no two human beings are alike so… it is never boring.
- Every day is spent exploring the human body, becoming familiar with surgical techniques, procedures and treatments.
- There is always something new every day. Technology and innovative changes are ongoing.
- A surgeon mentor provides the training and guidance to perfect your surgical techniques such as tissue manipulation and wound closure.
- As you mature, you can opt to specialize in a particular field such as General Surgery, Trauma, Open Heart, Orthopedics, Gynecology/Obstetrics, Robotic and/or Neuro Surgery.
Contact the Advisor
Professor Libby McNaron
Coordinator Surgical Services
Health Sciences Building, Third Floor, HS326