Technology Available to GCsc Students
fall 2021 Student Access to GCSC Technology
The GCSC Library is open for our students. See the following for more information.
- Library Technology Resources;
The following locations are available for GCSC students as Open Computer Labs, Zoom, and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) use. Hours are Monday through Thursday from 8 AM to 6 PM and Friday till 4 PM unless otherwise noted.
- Panama City Campus, Social Sciences Building - SS112
- Panama City Campus, Social Sciences Building - SS113
- Panama City Campus, Student Union West Building – SUW349 Computer Lab
This room is unavailable on Fridays
- Panama City Campus, Rosenwald Building – RC111 Computer Lab
- Panama City Campus, Rosenwald Building - RC139
- Panama City Campus, Rosenwald Building – RC140 Computer Lab
- Gulf/Franklin Campus in Port St. Joe, C Building – C101 Computer Lab
Monday through Thursday from 8 AM to 4 PM
- North Bay Campus in South Port – Information will be provided at a later date
- If you need to use a headset while on any of the GCSC campuses, you will need to bring your own.
- If you need a webcam in the open computer labs, you will need to bring your own.
- Please follow CDC and college practices for social distancing and masks.
- Chromebook does not support Respondus Lockdown Browser
- GCSC has created an outdoor Wi-Fi zone in the parking lot behind the Library for students that need access (think drive-up, park, and log-in). Look for the ‘GCSC Student Access’ signs. Select the ‘GCSC-Student’ SSID and enter your student login information to use the secure Wi-Fi access point.
- Reminder that your cell phone may allow a hotspot for an Internet connection to your computer or tablet. Check with your cell phone service provider for more information.
The following items are available in the Office 365 Suite that current students have access to at home as well as on a GCSC campus. For instructions on how to install at home, go to https://www.gulfcoast.edu/administration-departments/information-technology-services/staff/how-to/net-office-365-home.html.
Microsoft Word is a word processor that enables a user to create documents like letters, memos, flyers, etc. that can include pictures/graphics or simply using one of the many built-in templates.
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet with features for calculations, charts, graphs, and pivot tables; it can easily be organized and sorted (in order numerical, alpha, etc.)
PowerPoint is a computer program that allows you to create and show slides to support a presentation. You can combine text, graphics and multi-media content to create professional presentations.
Microsoft Access is a database management program included with Microsoft Office. Microsoft Access allows the user to setup a database (Table), enter records into the database, organize the data, store the data, retrieve the data or use the data in reports or display.
Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing application that emphasizes page layout and design using built-in templates. Many of the layouts can be embedded into email.
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager from Microsoft, available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. Primarily an email application, it also includes a calendar, task manager, contact manager, note taking, journal, and web browsing.
Microsoft Stream is a platform to share video of classes, meetings, presentations and training sessions.
- Flow/Power Automate
Microsoft Flow is a tool to use automation for notifications, alerts, data gathering, and communication.
OneNote interface is designed to resemble a tabbed ring binder. The user can take notes and gather materials on pages organized in sections. Notes include text, tables, pictures, drawings and mathematical notations. OneNote can be synced throughout personal devices.
Microsoft Teams is a collaboration tool for desktop, mobile and web that centers around chat, video, or voice. It allows GCSC employees to hold video meetings with colleagues and instructors to host video sessions with students.
Microsoft OneDrive for work and school accounts is online storage space in the cloud that's provided for individual licensed users in our organization. Use it to help protect work files and access them across multiple devices. OneDrive lets you share files and collaborate on documents, and sync files to your computer.
- Canvas support line is available for students and faculty. 24x7x365 available by dialing 850-913-3303 > option 2.
Respondus Lockdown Browser
- For issues with Respondus Lockdown Browser, students and faculty can call GCSC Technical Support Desk at 850-913-3303 option 3.
- Fastest means to contact technical support is to have the Freshservice App downloaded to your phone and use to submit tickets for assistance.
- Log into the myGCSC portal and click GCSC Ticketing System.
- Submit a ticket on the college website. Go to www.gulfcoast.edu > scroll to the bottom of the screen click Information Technology Services > Click Submit a Ticket button.
- Call Technical Support Desk at 850-913-3303.