Technology Available to GCsc Students
- GCSC has created an outdoor Wi-Fi zone in the parking lot behind the Library for students that need access (think drive-up, park, and log-in). Look for the ‘GCSC Student Access’ signs. Select the ‘gulfcoast’ network connection and enter your student login information to use the secure Wi-Fi access point.
- Reminder that your cell phone may allow a hotspot for an Internet connection to your computer or tablet. Check with your cell phone service provider for more information.
- Go to https://wifi.xfinity.com/ for Xfinity hotspots across the country available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. A map is available on this website to find a free hotspot near you. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser. CAUTION: This is an open free hotspot so be careful to keep your device and data secure.
The following items are available in the Office 365 Suite that current students have access to at home as well as on a GCSC campus. For instructions on how to install at home, go to https://www.gulfcoast.edu/administration-departments/information-technology-services/staff/how-to/net-office-365-home.html.
Microsoft Word is a word processor that enables a user to create documents like letters, memos, flyers, etc. that can include pictures/graphics or simply using one of the many built-in templates.
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet with features for calculations, charts, graphs, and pivot tables; it can easily be organized and sorted (in order numerical, alpha, etc.)
PowerPoint is a computer program that allows you to create and show slides to support a presentation. You can combine text, graphics and multi-media content to create professional presentations.
Microsoft Access is a database management program included with Microsoft Office. Microsoft Access allows the user to setup a database (Table), enter records into the database, organize the data, store the data, retrieve the data or use the data in reports or display.
Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing application that emphasizes page layout and design using built-in templates. Many of the layouts can be embedded into email.
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager from Microsoft, available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. Primarily an email application, it also includes a calendar, task manager, contact manager, note taking, journal, and web browsing.
Microsoft Stream is a platform to share video of classes, meetings, presentations and training sessions.
- Flow/Power Automate
Microsoft Flow is a tool to use automation for notifications, alerts, data gathering, and communication.
Microsoft Office 365 Video is a video platform available that enables easy upload, sharing and playback of videos and video messages securely throughout your company.
Microsoft Whiteboard is a freeform, digital canvas where people, content, and ideas come together. You can use Whiteboard for collaborating with your team in multiple locations and team members can use their own devices.
OneNote interface is designed to resemble a tabbed ring binder. The user can take notes and gather materials on pages organized in sections. Notes include text, tables, pictures, drawings and mathematical notations. OneNote can be synced throughout personal devices.
Microsoft Teams is a collaboration tool for desktop, mobile and web that centers around chat, video, or voice. It allows GCSC employees to hold video meetings with colleagues and instructors to host video sessions with students.
Microsoft Forms is a simple, lightweight app that lets you easily create surveys, quizzes, and polls. In educational institutions, it can be used to create quizzes, collect feedback from teachers and parents, or plan class and staff activities.
Microsoft Sway is a free app that helps gather, format, and share reports, newsletters, web pages, and presentations on an interactive, web-based canvas that looks great on almost any screen. Sway does all the formatting, themes, fonts, and more with its built-in design engine.
Microsoft OneDrive for work and school accounts is online storage space in the cloud that's provided for individual licensed users in our organization. Use it to help protect work files and access them across multiple devices. OneDrive lets you share files and collaborate on documents, and sync files to your computer.
Adobe Creative Cloud
Due to COVID-19, Adobe has made this product available at home for free for a limited time to students currently taking courses requiring the product. Instructions on how to access.
- Adobe Creative Cloud
This is a set of applications and services that gives subscribers access to a collection of software used for graphic design, video editing, web development and photography, along with a set of mobile applications and also optional cloud services.
- Canvas support line is available for students and faculty. 24x7x365 available by dialing 913-3303 > option 2.
Honorlock support is available for student and faculty 24x7x365
- Call 1-844-243-2500 for assistance. This number is also visible while in Honorlock when hovering over the Honorlock icon.
- You can also email Honorlock at email@example.com.
Respondus Lockdown Browser
- For issues with Respondus Lockdown Browser, students and faculty can call GCSC Technical Support Desk at 850-913-3303 option 3.
- Fastest means to contact technical support is to have the Freshservice App downloaded to your phone and use to submit tickets for assistance.
- Log into the myGCSC portal and click GCSC Ticketing System.
- Submit a ticket on the college website. Go to www.gulfcoast.edu > scroll to the bottom of the screen click Information Technology Services > Click Submit a Ticket button.
- Call Technical Support Desk at 850-913-3303.