Testing Policies and Procedures
The following policies and procedures apply only to exams for Gulf Coast State Collegeand FSU Panama City students, as well as non-Gulf Coast State College students who requested proctoring services. Please see College Placement Test/PERT, CLEP Exams, Pearson VUE/Florida Teacher Certification Exams and TABE for those exam policies and procedures.
Before Your Exam
- All Gulf Coast State College and FSU Panama City students must schedule their exam appointments in Register Blast at least 72 hours before the testing date and time. If you are a non-Gulf Coast State College student and have requested proctoring service, you also must schedule exam appointments in Register Blast at least 72 hours before your requested testing date and time. Note: We strongly encourage you to schedule your exam appointment in Register Blast well before the 72-hour deadline as seats get filled and you will have to wait.
- The last exam appointment time on Monday-Thursday is 5:30 p.m. Friday, 2:30 p.m; It is your responsibility to schedule your exam appointment so that you can complete your exam prior to the Gulf Coast State College Testing Center's closing times (Monday-Thursday, 7:00 p.m.; Friday, 4:00 p.m. .)
- If you need to take your exam at a Gulf Coast State College satellite campus or other off-campus location, you must arrange for off-campus proctoring at least a week in advance of your exam date. For instructions on arranging an off-campus proctor .
On The Day of Your Exam
- Please arrive at the Gulf Coast State College Testing Center at least 15 minutes before your scheduled exam time.
- When you arrive for your exam appointment, you must sign in on the computer in the Student Union West First Floor (Room 80) to take each of your scheduled exams. After signing in, come to the area for checking in. Gulf Coast State College staff will assist you in the order in which you sign in.
- You will need to present a valid photo ID (a school-issued ID, military ID, driver's license, state-issued ID, passport) before you will be allowed to test.
During Your Exam
- The following items are permitted in the testing room: photo ID, car keys and calculator (if permitted by instructor).
- The following items are not permitted in the testing room: watches, hats, purses, cell phones, pencil bags, backpacks, sunglasses, tobacco products, e-cigarettes (Gulf Coast State College is a tobacco-free campus) food and/or drinks (including water), books and notes (unless permitted by your instructor). You should leave any of the listed items at home or in your car, however, lockers will be provided to store any of the above items if you must bring them. [Note: Student Accessibility Resources students may be allowed to have the listed items above if the items are permitted in their accommodation plan.]
- Pencils, erasers and scratch paper (if permitted by your instructor) will be provided by the Gulf Coast State College Testing Center and must be returned at the end of your exam.
- Leaving the testing room or taking breaks (including restroom breaks) during an exam is not permitted.
- It is your responsibility to kee your track of your testing time, not hte Testing Center staff.
- The Gulf Coast State College Testing Center uses a visual monitoring system during all testing.
- Due to Gulf Coast State College policy, children (anyone under the age of 18 years old who is not a dual-enrolled student) are not allowed to sit in the testing area unaccompanied by an adult nor are they allowed to be with you in the testing room.
Taking Your Exam Outside the Exam's Testing Window (Either Early or Late)
- You must have your instructor's written permission sent to the Testing Center before taking an exam outside of an exam's testing window. We must sreceive an email confirmation from your instructor.