CJ Training Academy: Law Enforcement Academy
- Be at least 19 years of age before ending date of class for which you are applying.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a high school graduate or have successfully completed the General Education Development (GED) program.
- Not have been discharged from Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
- Be of good moral character and NOT have been convicted of any felony or a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.
- Undergo a physical examination by a licensed physician.
- Submit to and pass a background investigation.
- Eligibility for ENC 1101 and MAT 0028.
- Pass the Florida Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test for Law Enforcement with a score of 79 or higher.
- Apply to G.C.S.C.
- Take college placement test
- Meet requirements for ENC 1101 and MAT 0028,
- Supply transcripts satisfying showing you've passed these two courses, or their equivalent
- Take the Florida Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test for Law Enforcement.
- To register for the CJBAT, you will need to go to this link to register for the CJBAT: www.registerblast.com/gcsc
- You MUST bring both your driver’s license AND your social security card with you when you come to test. Failure to have BOTH of these cards with you will result in you not be able to test. No photocopies or pictures of the cards, they must be the actual cards. If you don’t have your social security card, you will have to request one from the social security office and that can take 3-6 weeks for you to get the card in the mail.
- Fees: $50 (non-refundable)
- You MUST pay Jennifer the day before your scheduled test date. You can pay for it many days before but at least 1 working day before the test. If you schedule you test on a Monday, then Friday will the last day that you can pay for the CJBAT to test on Monday. Please call Jennifer at 850-769-1551 x 5611. She can take your payment over the phone and she will email me a copy of the receipt. It is best if you ask her to email you a copy of it as well. Please know that you should bring a copy of the receipt with you when you come to test. Just showing me on your phone will not be accepted. You will need to print off a copy and have it just in case I am not there at the center. The testing center will need your copy. Please bring a copy of the receipt with you when you come to test. If you do not show up for the test, your fee is non-refundable. If you call to reschedule 24 hours prior to your scheduled test date, we will be able to work with you to schedule another testing date.
- You will come to the Student Union West (SUW) Bldg. 3rd floor of the Panama City Campus.
The address is 5230 W. Hwy. 98, Panama City, FL 32401. There will be a “SIGN IN” computer by the elevator. Please sign in and then go to rooms 311-315 to check in.
- You can call 850-747-3242 or 850-769-1551 x 3533 if you have any questions about the CJBAT.
- Apply to Academy
- Background check
- Physical examination
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License
- DD 214 if prior military
To get an application, schedule information or more information about Law Enforcement
Officer careers or training, contact:
850.769.1551 ext 5613
800.311.3685 ext 5613