obtaining a referral
- Conduct a job search in our on-line job bank https://www.employflorida.com/ for jobs that interest you. You must meet all of the employer requirements prior to receiving a referral.
- Come to the Job Placement Office with the Job Order number.
- Register your personal contact information.
- You may receive up to four referrals per day.
- Contact the employer by the preferred method, as stated on the referral, whether by phone, fax or email. Employers will then contact you directly to set up an interview.
- Remember to dress and present yourself appropriately for the position for which you are interviewing. Ask for a copy of our Interviewing Techniques.
- When you are offered employment, let us know your status, position title and start date. Call or stop by to let us know.
We offer Resume Workshops every week. We will work with you directly to create your resume. The workshops are by appointment only, so schedule yours today! Call (850) 769-1551, ext. 3339 to get started.
Obtaining college credit for working
Co-op is a college program that integrates classroom studies with productive, almost always paid, real-life work experience in a related field. Students receive college credit for their co-op work experience that is reflected on their college transcript and is transferable to a major university. Visit Cooperative Education to learn more about the program.