Coast without the cost...
It's free... and easy as 1-2-3...
- How do I apply for the GC Guarantee?You don’t have to. We’ll use the information provided in your application for admissions to GCSC along with your high school transcript to verify eligibility.
- What if my parents make too much money? Will I still qualify?Yes. The GC Guarantee does not have an income threshold, so your family’s income doesn’t matter.
- Do I have to fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)?
No, your eligibility for the GC Guarantee is not based on the FAFSA. Although, we do highly encourage students to complete the FAFSA every year, as they may be eligible for additional sources of aid.
- How soon after high school graduation must I attend GCSC to receive the GC Guarantee?
You must enroll in the fall semester immediately following graduation. How many classes do I have to take to get the GC Guarantee? You must be enrolled in a minimum of 12.0 credit hours (considered full-time) to receive the GC Guarantee.
- How much does the GC Guarantee pay?
$1,400 per year – $700 in the fall and $700 in the spring – which could pay up to 60% of your tuition & fees depending on how many credit hours you take.
- What if I qualify for other aid like the Pell Grant or Bright Futures, can I receive
the GC Guarantee too?
Yes. Although some grants and scholarships only pay if there’s still a balance after all other sources of aid have been applied, the GC Guarantee is a “first-dollar” program. This means that being
awarded other aid does not impact your eligibility for the GC Guarantee.
- For how many semesters will I receive the GC Guarantee?
As long as you continue to enroll in at least 12.0 credit hours and meet the renewal criteria, you will continue to receive the GC Guarantee until you graduate from Gulf Coast.
- What are the renewal criteria I must meet to keep the GC Guarantee?
You must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 and successfully complete (grade of “D” or better) a full-time course load (24 credit hours) in the academic year funded. Renewal will be evaluated after each spring semester. Students who fail to meet renewal criteria due to illness, death in the family, or other special circumstances may submit an appeal request by visiting http://www.gulfcoast.edu/guarantee-appeal.
Will I have to pay this money back?
No. The GC Guarantee is not a loan and will not have to be repaid. Who can I contact for further questions? Please email FA@GulfCoast.edu.