Coordinator, Fire Science Programs
850.769.1551 ext 5606
Senior Administrative AssistantVictoria Byrd
850.769.1551 ext 5615
Fire Science Technology, AS
- 2# FFP1510, Building and Fire Codes, 3 crs.
- 2# FFP2521, Blueprint Reading and Plans Exam, 3 crs.
- # FFP1302, Fire Apparatus Operations, 3 crs.
- # FFP1301, Firestream Hydraulics, 3 crs.
- 1# FFP2811, Firefighting Strat. and Tactics II, 3 crs.
- Any FFP Fire Science Course
- # EMS1119, Emergency Medical Technician, 5 crs.
- # EMS1401, Emergency Med. Tech. Lab, 4 crs.
- # EMS1335, Emergency Vehicle Operator I, 1 cr.
- 1# FFP2740, Fire Science Instructor Techniques, 3 crs.
- 3# FFP1741, Fire Service Course Design, 3 crs.
- 3# FFP2706, Public Information Officer, 3 crs.
- 3# FFP2770, Ethical & Legal Issues of the Fire Service, 3 crs.
- 3# FFP2793, Fire & Life Safety Educator I, 3 crs.
- FFP1140, 1st Responder, 3 crs.
FFMS (with passing SCE), 3 crs.
FFMS refers to State of Florida Firefighter Minimum Standards Training programs.
SCE refers to the state certification examinations.
Other training programs will be evaluated by the designated advisor.
1 = Fire Officer I
2 = Fire Inspector
3 = Fire Officer II
• General Education Core.
+ Prerequisites and/or corequisites required. See course descriptions.
# Applies to AS degree and certificate programs.
= Career Certificate course.
* Minimum grade of "C" required.
@ Civic Literacy.