HOW TO APPLY
Applying for financial aid begins with submitting a Free Application for Federal Student
Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa.
Para solicitar ayuda federal para estudiantes, debes someter la FAFSA (Solicitud Gratuita de Ayuda Federal para Estudiantes) vía la página web https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/es/fafsa.
- 1. Gather Documents to Apply
The FAFSA will ask for information about you and potentially about your parent(s). Please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/dependency for information on whether you'll need to provide parental information on your FAFSA.
Depending on your circumstances (for instance, when you filed taxes or what tax form you used), you might need the following information or documents as you fill out the FAFSA:
- Social Security number(s)
- Your driver’s license number, if you have one
- Your Alien Registration number, if you are not a U.S. citizen
- Federal tax information, including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married) and for your parents
if you are a dependent student:
- IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ and 1099(s)
- Foreign tax return and/or
- Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or Palau
- Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans noneducation benefits, for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
- Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate but not including the home in which you live; and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
- 2. Obtain Your FSA ID
While you are not required to have an FSA ID to complete and submit a FAFSA on the Web application, it is the fastest way to sign your application and have it processed.
Visit fsaid.ed.gov to obtain a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID (i.e. username and password) for you [and your parent(s) if you're dependent].
- 3. Log in to FAFSA & Apply
Log in to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa to start or renew your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa#deadlines for information on FAFSA deadlines
- Visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out for information on filling out your FAFSA
- Be sure to add GCSC's school code (001490)
- Contact the financial aid office if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment to obtain FAFSA assistance
- Be sure to submit your FAFSA after e-signing
- Print out the FAFSA confirmation page that appears after submitting your FAFSA and retain for your records
- 4. Apply for Admission to Gulf Coast State College
Apply for admission to Gulf Coast State College by visiting https://www.gulfcoast.edu/admissions/admissions-application-type.html
- Be sure to select a degree/certificate that is eligible for Federal Student Aid
- 5. Check your GCSC Student Email & My Student Dashboard
Regularly monitor your Gulf Coast State College student email (...@my.gulfcoast.edu) and your My Student Dashboard account by visiting https://mygcsc.gulfcoast.edu
- Important updates, notifications, and Financial Aid correspondence will be sent to your official Gulf Coast State College student email address
- Requirements needed to review and process your Financial Aid will be posted to your My Student Dashboard account
- 6. Re-submit a new FAFSA once every year
When a Student is Attending College When a Student Can Submit a FAFSA Which Year's Income/
Tax Information is Required
Fall 2019, Spring 2020, or Summer 2020 October 1, 2018 to June 30, 2020 Fall 2020, Spring 2021, or Summer 2021 October 1, 2019 to June 30, 2021